Event Tickets WooCommerce for Calendarize it!
Chances are you are already using WooCommerce on your WordPress powered website to sell products. WooCommerce is now the most popular eCommerce platform on the web (source: Builtwith), and we are happy to be able to offer you the opportunity to sell tickets directly from your own website with Calendarize it! and WooCommerce.
Event Tickets WooCommerce for Calendarize it! allow you to create as many tickets and ticket types as you want for any event in Calendarize it!, and your visitors will be able to purchase tickets without leaving your website.
Take advantage of all the features that WooCommerce has to offer, and the flexibility of Calendarize it! Avoid third party websites, and additional ticket fees.
Check out some of the main features
Please notice that the Android App is temporarily unavailable.
How to download free add-ons and purchase premium add-ons?
Enter your License Key in the Options Panel of Calendarize it! and get access to the Downloads section where you can download free add-ons and purchase premium add-ons.
The Item Purchase Code can be found in your License Certificate file. Go to Codecanyon and click on My Account at the top, then click the Downloads tab, and then click the Download button and choose the License Certificate & Purchase Code link. You will find the code in the text file and it will look something like this:
Item Purchase Code: bek72585-d6a6-4724-c8c4-9d32f85734g3
When you have entered your license key click on Downloads in the menu and you will now be able to download the free add-ons as well as purchase the premium add-ons.
Version 22.214.171.124347 – June 13, 2017
- Bug Fixed: Setting Start Date for Tickets Sales didn’t work. It was possible to purchase tickets before the Start Date.
- Update: Added label to Sold Out status
- Update: Added label to tickets with Sales not Started status
Version 126.96.36.199105 – May 30, 2017
- Bug Fixed: Issue with getting access to inner property
- Bug Fixed: After adding support for manually setting available tickets and showing Sold Out status the donations option also showed Sold Out status.
Version 188.8.131.52610 – May 16, 2017
- New Feature: Added support for manually setting available tickets to 0, which will show tickets SOLD OUT in Event Ticket Box.
Version 184.108.40.206056 – May 2, 2017
- Bug Fixed: When using Visual Composer the Event Ticket Box will show twice unless turned OFF in the Layout Options.
Version 220.127.116.11541 – April 17, 2017
- Bug Fixed: Missing Ajax hook when users are not logged in.
Version 1.2.178408 – April 7, 2017
- Update: Optimized the process of adding tickets to cart (performance improvement)
- New Feature: If ticket have no fees, hide the Fee column
Version 18.104.22.168631 – March 15, 2017
- Update: Changed the Visual Composer support hook for Calendarize it! (add-ons)
- New Feature: Added support for changing labels easily
Version 22.214.171.124674 – December 12, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Tickets were issued when buying other products through WooCommerce
Version: 126.96.36.199492 – December 4, 2016
- Bug Fixed: The Check-in App Access meta box was showing even though it was turned OFF in the Events Tickets > WooCommerce > Event Check-in App section causing an admin-ajax.php error when trying to add new devices.
Version 188.8.131.52465 – December 1, 2016
- Bug Fixed: QR Code in emailed tickets was not valid
- Update: Updated some translatable strings with text domain
Version 184.108.40.206173 – November 11, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Cropping of tickets when printing multiple tickets
- Bug Fixed: When using a different Custom Post Type than the default Events and adding tickets the custom post type was not showing in the report summary page
- Bug Fixed: The Date/Time picker was causing issues with the Enable Check-in App Interface. When setting a time and date for allowed Check-in it was reset to current date and time.
Version 220.127.116.11709 – October 23, 2016
- New Feature: Added support for automatic content for the shortcode in Custom Post Types.
Version 18.104.22.168982 – October 3, 2016
- Bug Fixed: when using slash or apostrophe character in Ticket name or Ticket description it outputs backslashes in the frontend.
Version 22.214.171.124969 – September 29, 2016
- Update: Improved Ajax responses
Version 126.96.36.199858 – September 26, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Number of checked-in Tickets was not counted correctly
- Bug Fixed: Number of available Tickets was not counted correctly
- Update: CSS adjustment for Tickets Topics and Ticket Types in wp-admin
Version 188.8.131.52661 – September 15, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Ticket order in Event Ticket Box in Event Details Page is not following the order of the tickets in wp-admin.
Version 184.108.40.206446 – September 2, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Some translation strings were broken
- Bug Fixed: Redirect after purchase was broken
- Update: Ticket Check-in CSS fix
Version 220.127.116.11349 – August 30, 2016
- Update: Code optimization for emailing tickets to customers
- New Feature: Email tickets to individual ticket holders
- Bug Fixed: Only 5 ticket types would show up in wp-admin even though more was created
Version 18.104.22.168038 – August 17, 2016
- New Feature: Added feature to clean up tickets which orders were permanently deleted from WooCommerce (Troubleshooting tab)
- Update: Added the Event Name to the subject of the email send to customer that placed order
- Bug Fixed: Numbers in Dashboard Widget were broken
- Bug Fixed: Ticket Status box did not take the color of the event
- Bug Fixed: Event Date and Time was not shown correctly in cart at checkout
Version 22.214.171.124559 – August 8, 2016
- New Feature: Added support for collecting Email and Phone number for ticket holders
- Update: Added a upgrader class (necessary function for updating database tables to support new features)
- Update: Improved Ticket Summary page (showing all attendees for each order). Added support for exporting Email and Phone no. of tickets holders.
- Bug Fixed: After recent update for WooCommerce the Free tickets were not added to the cart.
Version 126.96.36.199128 – July 20, 2016
- Bug Fixed: When editing events the Date and Time format changes from when adding the event.
Version 188.8.131.52062 – July 17, 2016
- Bug Fixed: When ticket price was set to over 1,000 the price was displayed as 1,00.
Version 184.108.40.206077 – June 15, 2016
- New Feature: Added support for manual input of time. Supports WordPress time settings
Version 220.127.116.11853 – June 6, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Updated path to /languages folder (get_relative_path prefixed with rhc). Translating .po file didn’t work because of broken path to language folder
Version 18.104.22.168437 – May 26, 2016
- Fixed Bug: Problem with Date picker when using Spanish, Portuguese date format j \d\e F \d\e Y.
- Fixed Bug: Problem with Time picker when using French time format G \h i \m\i\n or German time format G:i \U\h\r
- Update: Prevent users from being able to type Date and Time manually. Can only be picked using the Date and Time picker. This will prevent the Date and Time picker from crashing when users custom settings for WordPress Date and Time formats.
- Note: Requires latest version of Calendarize it! 4.2.1
Version 22.214.171.124248 – May 20, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Added missing rhcwct-en_US.po file for translation in the /language folder of the add-on.
- New Feature: Added support for enabling the Event Tickets (WooCommerce) Metabox and the Check-in App Access Metabox for other Custom Post Types (requires latest version of Calendarize it! 4.2)
Version 126.96.36.199120 – May 13, 2016
- First Release