External Event Sources add-on for Calendarize it! allow you to show events from Facebook, Google Calendar and Meetup.com by simply adding a feed. And you and also show events from any other WordPress powered website using Calendarize it!
How to download free add-ons and purchase premium add-ons?
Enter your License Key in the Options Panel of Calendarize it! and get access to the Downloads section where you can download free add-ons and purchase premium add-ons.
The Item Purchase Code can be found in your License Certificate file. Go to Codecanyon and click on My Account at the top, then click the Downloads tab, and then click the Download button and choose the License Certificate & Purchase Code link. You will find the code in the text file and it will look something like this:
Item Purchase Code: bek72585-d6a6-4724-c8c4-9d32f85734g3
When you have entered your license key click on Downloads in the menu and you will now be able to download the free add-ons as well as purchase the premium add-ons.
Below we have listed the different shortcodes you can use when showing External Event Sources (feeds) with Calendarize it!.
Show both events created in Calendarize it! and from External Event Sources
The following Shortcode will insert the main calendar and show both events created in Calendarize it! and events from any of your External Sources (Facebook, Google Calendar and Meetup.com).
Show only events created in Calendarize it!
The following Shortcode will insert the main calendar and only show events created in Calendarize it!.
Show only events from External Event Sources
The following Shortcode will insert the main calendar and show only events from any of your External Event Sources (Facebook, Google Calendar and Meetup.com).
Show only events from External Event Sources and from a specific feed
The following Shortcode will insert the main calendar and show only events from your External Event Sources (Facebook, Google Calendar and Meetup.com) and by adding the argument calendar=”spartan-races” it will only show this specific feed.
Show only events from External Event Sources and from a specific author
The following Shortcode will insert the main calendar and show only events from your External Event Sources (Facebook, Google Calendar and Meetup.com) and by adding the argument author=”user_id” or author_name=”author_username” it will only show this specific author.
Show events from another website using Calendarize it!
With the latest update of External Event Sources it is now possible to show events from other WordPress powered websites that are using Calendarize it! Simply add a feed URL from the calendar you want to show and you are good to go. Replace our website in the sample code below with your own and replace the calendar slug (spartan-races) with your own.
Version 184.108.40.206507 – September 6, 2016
- New Feature: Added option to show External Event Sources (feed) in personal calendars. This works with the attribute author=”current_user”. Normally this would only show events created by the user logged in, but choosing YES will show the feed in the personal calendar.
Version 220.127.116.11205 – May 18, 2016
- Compatibility Fix: Change classes where the constructor has the same name as the class to __construct (PHP 7 compatibility)
- Bug Fixed: Feeds from another site using Calendarize it! are not displaying in the Accordion Upcoming Events Widget
Version 18.104.22.168910 – October 7, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When using a Google Calendar ics and using Source Time Zone, the events are displayed in UTC 0. Technical: Google sets a X-WR-TIMEZONE attribute with the actual event timezone.
Version 22.214.171.124792 – October 1, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Color not being applied on Accordion Upcoming Events Widget
Version 126.96.36.199062 – August 1, 2015
- Update: Added support for Facebook API v2.4. Facebook recently updated their API and customers with API keys prior to version 2.3 will no longer work.
- Update: Latest SDK PHP 5
Verion 188.8.131.52069 – May 29, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Facebook sources not showing. Location and Venue fields have been normalized to the place field in Facebook API v2.3.
Version 184.108.40.206014 – May 19, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Local time zone settings not getting applied to Facebook sources
Version 220.127.116.11851 – May 7, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When using a Google source with the time zone setting the calendar crashes.
Version 18.104.22.168817 – May 5, 2015
- Update: Added PHP Version check to avoid crashes when sites use PHP version prior to version 5.3.
Version 22.214.171.124299 – April 23, 2015
- New Feature: Added support for enabling Taxonomies for Sources
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning when using server mode in Upcoming Events Widget when loading External Event Sources
Version 126.96.36.199603 – April 6, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When an External Event Source is not assigned a Calendar a PHP warning is displayed.
Version 188.8.131.52376 – March 20, 2015
- Bug Fixed: If the include External Event Sources in feed is active explicit feed=”0″ should not include External Event Sources
- Bug Fixed: ics reader is not unfolding source ICS
- Bug Fixed: External Calendarize it! feed is incorrectly identified as local
- Bug Fixed: On a not valid Facebook URL the wp-admin doesn’t return an error message
Version 184.108.40.206252 – March 14, 2015
- New Feature: Make Facebook raw links clickable
Version 220.127.116.11221 – March 13, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When time zone string is not valid, the shortcode will crash processing an ics feed with recurring rules
- Bug Fixed: External Event Sources crashes when time zone of source can not be determined
- Bug Fixed: External Event Sources not rendering when preloading or generating server side static events.
- Bug Fixed: Preloaded External Event Sources are not being cached
- Bug Fixed: Layout broken by HTML in External Event Sources
- Bug Fixed: Meetup.com URLs are returning incorrect error message when there are no events in the feed
- New Feature: Added support for disabling tooltip for External Event Sources
- New Feature: Implement External Event Sources server loaded events
- New Feature: Implement preloading of Google Calendar feeds and ics
- Update: Improve Meetup.com URL detection
Version 18.104.22.168815 – February 25, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Clear cache when saving sources. When color is changed it does not reflect in the frontend
- Bug Fixed: Venue from ics location field is not unescaped
- Bug Fixed: Event Color by Taxonomy is not working for Facebook, Google Calendar, Meetup and ics
Version 22.214.171.124609 – February 19, 2015
- Update: When colors are not set in External Event Sources use the colors defined by Events Color by Taxonomy
Version 126.96.36.199406 – February 12, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Some characters are not unescaped in ics feed
Version 188.8.131.52326 – January 16, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Google Calendar sets all day events end date, the next date
Version 184.108.40.206096 – Sepmtember 24, 2014
- New Feature: Enable URL in Google feed
- Bug Fixed: When add-on is activated it is hiding the Event Grid View in the Calendarize it! Options tab.
- Bug Fixed: When querying a single event ics do not add External Sources to feed.
- New Feature: Added option to link Venue address to Google Map. On Google Calendar it requires that the WHERE field contains a valid Google Map address. On Facebook the location must be a valid Google Map address.
Version 220.127.116.11062 – July 8, 2014
- Update: Modify Google feed so that the location will show as venue
- Update: Google feed show in local time zone
- Update: Do not apply offset to Google all day events
Version 18.104.22.168979 – July 5, 2014
- New Feature: Added support for disabling link on tooltip.
Version 22.214.171.124812 – July 2, 2014
- New Feature: Added function for adding the External Event Sources feeds to the local Calendarize it! iCal feed.
- New Feature: Added option to enable or disable External Event Sources in ical feed. This is disabled by default
- New Feature: Added the feed drop down to the Upcoming Events Widget, so that the Upcoming Events can be customized for feed or not.
Version 126.96.36.199329 – February 14, 2014
- New Feature: Added filter by author, so that when using author in the shortcode, it will limit the event sources to only showing events by the specific author.
Version 188.8.131.52060 – January 6, 2014
- Update: Adding missing textdomains for translation
- Bug Fixed: When default color is not set in External Event Sources, the color should be taken from the External Source.
Version 184.108.40.206070 – December 10, 2013
- Bug Fixed: rhc feed not using the defined color
- New Feature: Option to choose tooltip link target for external sources.
Version 220.127.116.11060 – September 18, 2013
- Added support for showing events from another WordPress website using Calendarize it!
Version 18.104.22.168859 – July 1, 2013
- First Release