Community Events for Calendarize it!
Community Events add-on for Calendarize it! allow your visitors to submit free or paid Events to your calendar from the front end of the website. You can allow your visitors to log in using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or with WordPress login. We also allow you to set the capabilities for each user role in WordPress. By doing this you can allow some visitors to submit events without having to be reviewed. Maybe you want some visitors to be able to create their own Taxonomies (calendar filters). This is can easily be done by setting the capabilities in the Community Events Access tab.
If you get the Event Payments add-on you will be able to charge your visitors for submitting events when they use the Community Events add-on. If you have Calendarize it! Advertising add-on you can also charge your visitors for advertising on pages where you use Calendarize it! and on the Map View add-on.
How to download free add-ons and purchase premium add-ons?
Enter your License Key in the Options Panel of Calendarize it! and get access to the Downloads section where you can download free add-ons and purchase premium add-ons.
The Item Purchase Code can be found in your License Certificate file. Go to Codecanyon and click on My Account at the top, then click the Downloads tab, and then click the Download button and choose the License Certificate & Purchase Code link. You will find the code in the text file and it will look something like this:
Item Purchase Code: bek72585-d6a6-4724-c8c4-9d32f85734g3
When you have entered your license key click on Downloads in the menu and you will now be able to download the free add-ons as well as purchase the premium add-ons.
Let your users submit Events to your Calendar directly from the frontend of your website.
When you have purchased, downloaded and switched the button from OFF to ON you can go to the Community Events menu and enable the features and configure the different settings.
Community Events add-on for Calendarize it! allow your visitors to submit free or paid Events to your calendar from the frontend of the website. You can allow your visitors to login using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or with WordPress login.
We also allow you to set the capabilities for each user role in WordPress. By doing this you can allow some visitors to submit events without having to be reviewed. Maybe you want some visitors be able to create their own Taxonomies (calendar filters). This is can easily be done by setting the capabilities in the Community Events Access tab.
You can easily select which Taxonomies (calendar filters) you want to show in the Community Events form on the website by turning them ON or OFF in the options panel.
If you need custom fields in the Community Events form you can easily create your own in the options panel.
If you enable the different Social Networks you can easily change the order of the icons in the Community Events page by simply using the drag and drop interface in the options panel.
Users that submit events can select between the Taxonomies available on your website, or if you allow, they can create their own Taxonomies. In the General Settings tab you can limit the number of custom Taxonomies they can create and also set a maximum on the number of pending events each user can have.
Users can easily create All day events or set Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time and even make Repeat events. The Community Events form is also optimized for mobile platforms.
You can set the capabilities to allow uploading images to the Event. The Community Event form supports uploading the Featured Event Image, which shows in the pop-up in the Calendar Month View. The Event Page Top Image, which is the image that shows in the top of the Event Details page and the last image is the Event Details Box Image.
When the user clicks Submit Event the event will be published directly to Calendarize it! if the user has the rights (capabilities) to do so. If not, then the event will be pending review in the WordPress administration.
Version 22.214.171.124720 – March 25, 2019
- Compatibility Fix: Add the third parameter to save_post to avoid crashes on sites using certain plugins that expect it to be defined (Beaver Builder). According to the WordPress codex, this is not required, but some plugins expect it.
Version 126.96.36.199885 – March 4, 2018
- Bug Fixed: CSS Alignment with + and drop-down filters.
Version 188.8.131.52284 – June 22, 2018
- Bug Fixed: Some websites experienced issues with allowing Subscribers, Contributors, Authors, and Editors to upload images through Community Events.
Version 184.108.40.206246 – April 23, 2018
- Bug Fixed: Hidden input fields were visible on some websites
Version 220.127.116.11114 – March 27, 2018
- Bug Fixed: Scripts and styles enqueue moded to shortcodes (fixed a bug with flat-ui-checkbox conflict with WooCommerce. It was not possible to use the alternate shipping address checkbox)
Version 18.104.22.168106 – March 26, 2018
- Update: Updated .po and .mo language files for US English and Spanish
Version 22.214.171.124071 – March 19, 2018
- Bug Fixed: When using the Edit Events shortcode, use the ce_edit capability instead of the core edit_posts capability (Community Events > Community Events Access)
- Update: Added backward compatibility to previous bug fix.
Version 126.96.36.199022 – March 6, 2018
- Compatibility Fix: Some themes having a problem with Ajax URL and image upload
Version 188.8.131.52708 – January 17, 2018
- Compatibility Fix: Drop Downs in Community Events form hidden on some themes.
Version 184.108.40.206098 – November 11, 2017
- New Feature: Added the future parameter to the community_events_edit shortcode, so that scheduled events can also be listed in the frontend.
- Update: Added Spanish .po and .mo file for translation
- Bug Fixed: When WordPress SEO by Yoast is active, submitting an event crashes, and redirection after submitting an event does not take
- Bug Fixed: After submitting an event the page is not correctly redirecting
Version 220.127.116.11215 – August 25, 2017
- Bug Fixed: When adding a Custom Image the upload button didn’t have the correct styling
- Bug Fixed: Under some circumstances, when a visitor who submits an event has a different time zone than the time zone set in WordPress, the date and time will get changed.
Version 18.104.22.168904 – July 27, 2017
- Bug Fixed: Venue City was not saved properly when creating a new term
Version 22.214.171.124707 – July 6, 2017
- Bug Fixed: A fix for wp_editor when editing events source code was saved as text (affected iframes and other tags)
Version 126.96.36.199458 – June 16, 2017
- Update: CSS adjustment to Edit Event buttons (alignment in mobile view)
- Bug Fixed: When fixing a bug in the previous release this broke the time picker.
Version 188.8.131.52333 – June 13, 2017
- Bug Fixed: When editing and saving an event in the frontend one day was added or subtracted from the original date of the event
- Bug Fixed: When editing an event in the frontend the content area was empty (bug related to introducing the Visual Editor for content)
Version 184.108.40.206863 – April 21, 2017
- Compatibility Fix: Themes from StrictThemes.com using the ST Kit plugin prevents the Media Libary from loading in Community Events
Version 220.127.116.11669 – April 18, 2017
- Bug Fixed: A Missing object in Visual Text Editor when disabled caused Submit Events to fail.
Version 18.104.22.168434 – April 11, 2017
- Bug Fixed: Hiding description from form was broken after adding support for WordPress Visual Editor.
Version 22.214.171.124284 – March 3, 2017
- Bug Fixed: Capability compatibility issue with WordPress Media Library, caused subscribers to not be able to upload images.
Version 126.96.36.199767 – February 9, 2017
- Update: Removed old confusing drag and drop interface
- New Feature: Added a delete image button
Version 188.8.131.52645 – February 6, 2017
- Update: Added Russian .po and .mo files (translation)
- New Feature: Added support for WordPress visual editor in description field
- New Feature: Added support for uploading images to Media Library and accessing Media Library when editing events and adding new events.
Version 184.108.40.206156 – October 10, 2016
- Bug Fixed: CSS fix for WordPress TwentySixteen theme
- Bug Fixed: Social Connection Facebook is missing the email of the user
- Bug Fixed: Social Connection Facebook is missing the first name and last name
- Update: Social Connection Facebook API updated to version 2.8
Version 220.127.116.11706 – August 10, 2016
- Update: Improvements in CSS for Taxonomy Filters
- New Feature: Added support for Status icon in the Edit Event page
Version 18.104.22.168251 – July 26, 2016
- Compatibility Fix: Added option to set the Event to Publish instead of Future (Published/Scheduled). This helps with some sites where the event is set to scheduled and never changes to published for some (yet) unknown reason. This is a partial fix that helps sites that experience this issue, but do not need to schedule Event Publish Date.
Version 22.214.171.124127 – July 20, 2016
- Bug Fixed: When editing an event and saving it some data fields were not saved
- Update: Added better support for RTL (Right-to-Left)
Version 126.96.36.199087 – July 18, 2016
- Bug Fixed: When editing an event it loses the Date and Time formatting what was set when the event was entered.
Version 188.8.131.52082 – June 15, 2016
- New Feature: Added support for manual input of time. Supports WordPress time settings
Version 184.108.40.206438 – May 26, 2016
- Fixed Bug: Problem with Date picker when using Spanish, Portuguese date format j \d\e F \d\e Y.
- Fixed Bug: Problem with Time picker when using French time format G \h i \m\i\n or German time format G:i \U\h\r
- Update: Prevent users from being able to type Date and Time manually. Can only be picked using the Date and Time picker. This will prevent the Date and Time picker from crashing when users custom settings for WordPress Date and Time formats.
- Note: Requires latest version of Calendarize it! 4.2.1
Version 220.127.116.11896 – May 9, 2016
- Update: xdsoft DateTimePicker implemented via the new rhc DateTimePicker init framework (This will make it possible to easily update the DateTimePicker throughout all our plugins and add-ons, which uses the DateTimePicker)
Version 18.104.22.168731 – April 26, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Issue with j F, Y date format. Using comma in the dateformat was brekaing the date picker.
Version 22.214.171.124653 – April 22, 2016
- Compatibility Fix: New Date and Time picker follows WordPress Codex for Date and Time format (https://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time)
Version 126.96.36.199615 – April 21, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Date Picker is empty when custom date format jS F Y is set. Implemented new process for reading the date data.
Version 188.8.131.52533 – April 19, 2016
- Bug Fixed: Issue with saving the events start date and start time (related to new Date and Time picker).
Version 184.108.40.206271 – April 11, 2016
- Improvement: Added new Date and Time picker to improve user experience.
Version 220.127.116.11587 – March 10, 2016
- Compatibility Fix: Change classes where the constructor has the same name as the class to __construct (PHP 7 compatibility)
- Update: Added show_date attribute to show date in event editable list. Added basic styling for the date in the edit list
- Bug Fixed: Recurring event and attributes are not remembered when editing the event in frontend
Version 18.104.22.168506 – February 4, 2016
- Compatibility Fix: Some sites don’t get submitted events published immediately
- New Feature: Allow passing non logged content to the shortcode content example
Version 22.214.171.124640 – November 3, 2015
- Update: Updated styles CSS
Version 126.96.36.199317 – October 26, 2015
- Update: Added rh-ce-featured-images-title to the upload images section title
- New Feature: Added support for Accordion Upcoming Events Widget call to action link custom fields URL and label.
Version 188.8.131.52500 – September 9, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Description placeholder is not shown
Version 184.108.40.206760 – July 23, 2015
- New Feature: Added validation for Taxonomies
Version 220.127.116.11767 – June 30, 2015
- Update: Fixed CSS issues on time input field
Version 18.104.22.168021 – May 20, 2015
- Update: Removing social-icons fonts (centralizing loading social-icons fonts from Calendarize it!)
Version 22.214.171.124820 – May 5, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When expiring a post (Event), set it to Trash. When editing a post (Event) explicitly disallow Events in Trash unless it is an Administrator (who can then republish the Event)
Version 126.96.36.199811 – May 4, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Adjusted CSS for repeat events drop down (alignment issue)
Version 188.8.131.52789 – May 2, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Banner add image is showing by default in Community Events form (requires Advertising Options add-on)
Version 184.108.40.206719 – April 29, 2015
- New Feature: Added option to upload Banner Ad image through Community Events form (requires Advertising Options add-on)
- New Feature: Added option to select which default images should be available for upload through Community Events form (Event Featured image, Event Page Top image, Event Details Box image, Month View image, Banner Add image)
Version 220.127.116.11867 – April 8, 2015
- Update: Changed width of content box
Version 18.104.22.168349 – March 19, 2015
- New Feature: Added option to hide description, excerpt and all day
- Update: Added 4:00pm placeholder to localization .po files (/languages/)
Version 22.214.171.124592 – February 19, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Validation doesn’t work properly on description
- Update: When time is not set, force the event all day
- Update: Added new language strings to .po files (/languages/)
Version 126.96.36.199409 – February 12, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When field validation is active, submit events never passes the validation.
Version 188.8.131.52094 – February 5, 2015
- New Feature: Added option to choose fields that should not be empty on frontend form submission (field validation)
- New Feature: Added option to specify a default value for the comment_status post property
- Update: Make General Settings tab show first in Options.
- Update: Change label “Edit Event” to “Submit Event“
Version 184.108.40.206967 – Janary 30, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When hiding create term + button, the form is still showing in some sites.
- New Feature: Allow hiding create taxonomy per taxonomy
- New Feature: Show taxonomy terms hierarchically in the frontend form
Version 220.127.116.11497 – January 21, 2015
- New Feature: Add the Venue and Organizer website name field (requires Calendarize it! version 3.2.7 or newer)
- Bug Fixed: Missing attribute for the filter
Version 18.104.22.168339 – January 16, 2015
- New Feature: Added the filter ce_front_taxonomies to allow filtering the terms that are displayed in the Community Events form.
- New Feature: Added attribute publish and pending to the community_events_edit shortcode so that pending events can be added to the list.
- Update: Fixed layout issues with Social Connection (social network buttons) in horizontal layout
Version 22.214.171.124059 – December 20, 2014
- Bug Fixed: In WordPress 4.1 add Event Page opens with the error “Unable to initialize term, contact support for assistance. Content, title, and excerpt are empty“.
- Bug Fixed: Use current_time instead of time. Events in some cases are not getting published immediately.
- Bug Fixed: Layout not showing in horizontal
- Update: Changed font size for Social Connection (social networks buttons) in mobile view
- Update: Add a label to the list of pages with Shortcode
- Update: Change email from to site blogname and admin_email. Add support for render as HTML.
- Update: Do not set publish date if it comes empty.
- New Feature: Added Options to notify pending submitted events to custom emails
Version 126.96.36.199941 – December 9, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Closed missing div
- New Feature: Add support for customizing the “end message” in the CSS Editor
- New Feature: Show pages with the Community Events shortcode in Options.
- Update: Add a hash that triggers a dummy “end message” so that it can be visible for the CSS Editor.
Version 188.8.131.52854 – November 24, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Language file not loaded correctly.
- Bug Fixed: Add support for loading scripts on demand.
- Compatibility Fix: Do not run initialization scripts if form is not present
- Update: Match the Options value default to avoid Options conflict
- New Feature: Added a hook to make it possible to disable file upload
- New Feature: Added a hook to block upload Ajax
Version 184.108.40.206271 – October 7, 2014
- New Feature: Add custom labels for Social Connection buttons (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Linkedin, Microsoft Live)
- Bug Fixed: Alignment of buttons and custom fields in mobile view adjusted
- Bug Fixed: Alignment of date picker
- Update: Increased size of Social Connection buttons and icons
Version 220.127.116.11859 – July 27, 2014
- New Feature: Allow selecting an event color in the frontend from predefined colors set by admin.
- Bug Fixed: Plugin crashing when Community Events form is not defined
Version 18.104.22.168718 – July 22, 2014
- New Feature: Added option to customize status labels on the list shortcode by argument like this status_publish=”Published” or status_pending=”Pending”.
- Bug Fixed: Not submitting on PHP warning
- Bug Fixed: Calendar cache not cleared on deleting events
- Bug Fixed: Internet Explorer not setting dates correctly in form.
- Bug Fixed: Chinese characters shown in Date picker when localization is on
Version 22.214.171.124611 – July 19, 2014
- New Feature: Added option to delete events
- Bug Fixed: Not listed all created events in the Edit List
Version 126.96.36.199466 – July 15, 2014
- New Feature: Added edit capability in the Access Manager
Version 188.8.131.52871 – July 2, 2014
- New Feature: Added support for new shortcode community_event_edit. This adds a list of events for the user that is logged in and allow the user to easily edit events submitted
Version 184.108.40.206037 – June 16, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Sortable layout was broken
- Bug Fixed: When creating a draft it was set to auto-draft, but when retrieving previous it was looking for draft not auto-draft, hence breaking payments.
- Bug Fixed: When localization is off, regional is set null
Version 220.127.116.11369 – May 30, 2014
- New Feature: Added Support for new Social Connection menu for entering API Keys for each Social Network. When a add-on uses Social Connection the API Keys are read from this location.
Version 18.104.22.168881 – May 22, 2014
- Update: Added a specific selector for the main title so that Visual CSS Editor can modify it
- Update: Added localization of the datepicker helper
Version 22.214.171.124733 – March 1, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Do not expire an event where published_days is empty
Version 126.96.36.199566 – February 26, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Paid Events submitted through Community Events add-on using Payment Options add-on was not expiring.
Version: 188.8.131.52324 – February 14, 2014
- Bug Fixed: When adding a new Taxonomy do not clear the Event Meta fields, only the Taxonomy fields.
- Bug Fixed: Change “Add files” button to anchor. When clicking “Add files” in Firefox it reloaded and lost the ID.
- Bug Fixed: Error occur when using drag and drop in Firefox to upload images (Error generating draft).
Version 184.108.40.206124 – January 22, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Do not define an event color on Community Events submit so that Event Color by Calendar (taxonomy) can be used for Community Events.
Version 220.127.116.11607 – January 14, 2014
- Update: Added hook for Payment Options control before_ce_form_login. Makes it possible to display products before the user is logged in. If user is not logged in and click on a product the Social Connection (login) will display.
Version 18.104.22.168294 – January 10, 2014
- New Feature: Added option to disable the Publish Date field. If disabled publish date for event is current date
Version 22.214.171.124285 – January 8, 2014
- Update: Added missing textdomains to text strings for translation
- Update: Updated .mo and .po files with new text strings
Version 126.96.36.199954 – January 2, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Use WordPress API hook to enqueue scripts
Version 188.8.131.52691 – December 20, 2013
- New Feature: Load the custom image when reloading the Community Events form with ID
- New Feature: Pass an additional post_ID argument to the filter that allow enabling images uploads
- New Feature: Add option to set the recommended size of custom images
- New Feature: Add option to add label for custom images.
- Bug Fixed: Labels for images not showing, and images using the number of fields to display fields.
Version 184.108.40.206673 – December 7, 2013
- First Release