How to get started with Event Tickets WooCommerce
You can access our Premium paid and Free add-ons from the Downloads menu in Calendarize it! on the website where you have installed Calendarize it!
Make sure you have entered the Item Purchase Code from Codecanyon for Calendarize it! in the Options > License tab.
When you have completed the purchase process the license key for the add-on is automatically inserted into the Options > License tab. Download the add-on and turn it ON.
Please notice that Event Tickets WooCommerce does not support recurring events. Meaning if you create tickets for recurring events the date will be the same for all tickets.
If you try to turn ON Event Tickets WooCommerce, and you do not have WooCommerce installed on your website you will see the Alert below at the top of your screen.
Just download the WooCommerce plugin, install it, activate it and you are good to go.
After turning ON the Event Tickets WooCommerce add-on you will be redirected to the Event Tickets menu in Calendarize it!
General Settings (used to be WooCommerce)
- In this section, you can set default labels for Free Tickets, Paid Tickets, Tickets Price, and Ticket Quantity. You can also change the value of each individual event.
- If you want visitors to be able to donate money turn ON this feature. When turned on a field will appear where you define the donation amounts. You will be able to select which amounts that will be visible for each event (ticket).
- In this section, you can select a default Ticket Type and Ticket Topic. The values can be changed for each individual ticket you create.
- If you want to show the number of remaining tickets turn ON this feature. You can overwrite this feature for each event.
- If you turn ON this option ALL tickets will be emailed to the customer (the user who made the purchase)
- If you turn ON this option Tickets will be emailed to the individual Ticket holders. Remember to allow entering names of Ticket holders.
- If you turn ON the redirect the customer will be redirected to My Account in WooCommerce after completing the purchase. Then you just click Orders in order to view the order placed.
- In this section, you can choose a default image type for the Ticket. Choose from the following: Event Featured Image, Event Top Page Image, Month View Image, Event Details Box Image or choose the default WordPress Featured Image. The value can be changed for each individual event you create.
- In this section, you can enable additional information collected for each ticket holder. When you create your ticket(s) you can enable collecting the name of the ticket holder. By enabling Email and Phone you will also be able to collect Email and Phone number for each ticket holder. This information can be exported to CSV once collected.
- If you want to have a WordPress Dashboard Widget displaying stats from Event Tickets WooCommerce turn ON this feature. You can restrict access to this for each user role in the Access tab
- Event Tickets WooCommerce also has an Event Check-in App for iPhone (Android version is coming soon). If you want to use this turn ON this feature. This can be changed for each event.
When a device is scanning a Check-in App Registration Code you can choose to auto-activate this device (authorize it to scan tickets for the event). If this feature is OFF you will need to manually activate devices, which has scanned Check-in App Registration Codes.
- If you turn ON this feature the Event Date and Time will be shown in the Cart at Check out
- Choose the default settings for Ticket Sales Start: Days, Hours and Ticket Sales End: Days. Hours. You can overwrite this for each individual Ticket.
In this section, you can Manage Capabilities for each user role (including any custom user roles).
- Ticket Manager provides access to the Event Tickets WooCommerce interface allowing the user to create tickets. This is on the same page where you create new events.
- Ticket Check-in provides access to the Ticket Check-in menu on the left side, which allows you to manually check-in tickets by entering the confirmation number and validating the ticket. This feature can also be used with a third party QR Code scanner on any device. It requires that the user who is scanning the ticket must be logged into wp-admin and have this capability set to YES.
- Ticket Reports provides access to the Dashboard Widget which shows Ticket Stats and it provides access to the Event Ticket Status page with detailed information on the number of sold tickets and who is checked in or not.
In this section, you can change the different labels in Event Tickets WooCommerce. This is an easy way to change the default labels. This can also be useful if you only have one language on your website and want to translate the labels in Event Tickets WooCommerce
However, if you want multiple languages on your website you should translate the .po file in the language folder (wp-content/uploads/calendarize-it/calendarize-it-event-tickets-woocommerce/languages/) or use a translation plugin like our Easy Translation Manager for WordPress.
In this section, we provide some possible solutions to potential issues that you potentially can experience depending on your setup.
- Ticket Topics and Ticket Sub-Topics: When downloading the add-on and turning it ON two Taxonomies are created: Ticket Types and Ticket Topics. Ticket Types has 20 Terms and Ticket Topics has 268 Terms. You can use this feature to Reset and Re-Install the Taxonomies and Terms.
- Old Tickets: Using the Clean Up feature will delete tickets where Orders, WooCoommerce products or Events has been deleted.
- QR Code Dynamic Images: If your QR Codes are not showing up try and use this feature to turn OFF using the dynamically generated QR Codes. If you turn OFF this feature your QR Codes will be static images in the uploads folder.
Some hosting providers (WPEngine) are encoding URLs that are dynamically generating images like QR Codes, and this will break the QR Code.
Event Attendees Dashboard Widget
- If enabled the Event Attendee Dashboard Widget will show you the different Ticket Types for each event and the number of Sold Tickets and Total Tickets. Click on the Event name banner and you get to the Event Attendee summary page. You can specify how many events you want to show in the widget.
- Click on See All to view ALL tickets for ALL events created.
Event Attendees Page
Depending on whether you clicked on a specific Event in the Event Attendees Dashboard Widget or you clicked the See All button, you will see all the tickets for the specific event or all tickets for all events.
The screenshot below shows ALL Tickets for a specific Event.
- When viewing the Event Attendees page for one specific Event you will have three buttons: All Tickets: Click this and you will see the Event Attendees page showing ALL Tickets for ALL Events
View Event: Click this and you will view the Event Details Page
Edit Event: Click this and you will be able to Edit the Event in wp-admin.
- The WordPress Post ID and the Event Title, Date and Time
- Search Attendees: You can search using Ticket ID, Customer Name, Customer Email, Order ID
- Quick Filtering Options: All, Valid, Void, Checked-in, Not Checked-in and the drop-down lets you filter on WooCommerce Order Statuses.
- Ticket Type ID column: Hover over the Ticket icon and see how many Tickets has been sold for the total number of Tickets.
- Ticket ID column: The green color indicates a person that has been checked-in.
- Ticket Type ID column: Hover over the check mark icon and see how many people have been checked-in of the total number of sold Tickets.
- Ticket ID column: The red color indicates a person that has not been checked-in.
- Ticket ID column: Hover over the Ticket Type ID and it will show the name of the Ticket.
- Order ID column: Hover over the Order ID and you will see the Month, Day, Year and Time the order was placed. Click on the Order ID and you will be taken to the WooCommerce Order (edit mode)
- Ticket Status column: This shows the status of the ticket. Valid means that the ticket can be used for check-in. Void means that the ticket can not be used for check-in. Void does not mean that the Order was canceled or Refunded. This is a manual feature for easily changing the status of a ticket.
- Confirm No. column: This is the Ticket Confirmation Number which can be used for manual check-in using the Ticket Check-in feature in wp-admin.
The screenshot below shows ALL Tickets for ALL Events.
- When viewing the Event Attendees page for ALL Events you will have one button:
View All Events: Click this and you will be taken to ALL Events in wp-admin.
- Event ID column: This column is only showing when you view the Event Attendees page for ALL Events. Click on an Event ID and you will be taken to the Tickets for only this specific Event.
- This section provides access to the Ticket Check-in (manually)
- Enter the confirmation code on the ticket and click the Check-in button
- If the ticket is valid a green alert will appear and the ticket details (if the ticket is not valid or check-in has already been done a red alert will appear).
- You can also undo-check-in by clicking the yellow bar
Create Tickets for your Event
Tickets are created on the same screen as Events. Click on Add new event to the Calendarize it! menu. Create your event like you normally would do. Below the calendar meta box, you will find the Event Tickets (WooCommerce) meta box, which by default it is turned OFF.
Turn it ON in order to start creating your tickets.
Event Ticket Box in Event Details Page
In the Layout Options meta box you can turn ON or OFF the different layout options in Calendarize it!.
When you have created your tickets make sure that the Event Ticket Box is turned ON.
The Event Ticket Box below shows how Tickets are displayed when sold out and when sales have ended. You can use the Visual CSS Editor to change the colors and fonts.
If you have enabled the Donation Feature in the Event Tickets menu you turn ON the option for each Event that has tickets. You can select which amounts that it will be possible to donate.
WooCommerce takes care of the checkout process
We use the World’s favorite eCommerce solution WooCommerce to handle the checkout process. You can choose your own payment method supported by WooCommerce and you can style WooCommerce to match your theme.
If you have enabled the feature Enter names of Ticket Holders in the Multiple ticket buying section you will be able to enter the names of the Ticket Holders before you complete the checkout process.
Enter the names of the Ticket Holders and complete the payment process. If you have turned ON the Email and Phone number this information can also be entered for each Ticket Holder.
If you have an account on the website and are logged in when completing the checkout process you will be able to view the tickets and print them from My Account > Orders (WooCommerce).
If you have enabled emailing ALL tickets to the purchaser you will receive an email with all tickets.
If you have enabled emailing tickets to Ticket Holders each ticket holder will receive an email with his or her ticket(s).
Check-in App Access Metabox
Below the Event Tickets (WooCommerce) meta box you will find the Check-in App Access meta box. Turn the feature ON and you will be able to add users. Each user will have to scan a Check-in App Registration Code in order to authorize the device. Once authorized the device can scan tickets in the time period that you have defined.
Change the colors and fonts with the Visual CSS Editor
If you haven’t already downloaded the Visual CSS Editor go to the downloads section of Calendarize it! and download it now.
It is very easy to change the styles, colors, and fonts of the Event Ticket Box with the Visual CSS Editor.
In the WordPress > Settings > Google Web Fonts menu you can select between 600+ Google Web Fonts. Enable only the fonts you want to use in the Visual CSS Editor.
Below you can see all the different settings you can tweak with the Visual CSS Editor when you select the Event Ticket Box.
If you have any questions about the Event Tickets WooCommerce for Calendarize it! add-on or experience any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist you and review your site.